Giovedì, 18 Ottobre 2018
ROME

Return to Forza Italia only a proposal, says Berlusconi

English
© ANSA

(ANSA) - Rome, July 16 - Former premier Silvio Berlusconi
said on Monday that he had only proposed changing the name of
his People of Freedom (PdL) party back to Forza Italia and no
decision had been taken as yet.
Berlusconi was quoted as saying that the centre-right PdL
would go back to the name it had before the 2009 merger with the
rightwing National Alliance (AN) in an interview published in
Monday's edition of German newspaper Bild.
The return to the old name was criticised by some PdL
members who used to belong to AN, including former defence
minister Ignazio La Russa.
"In the interview that appeared in Bild, the idea of a
change of name from People of Freedom to Forza Italia was
mistaken because, as is logical and evident, it is not a
decision taken, just an idea, a proposal to talk about and
assess at the appropriate venues," Berlusconi said.
PdL officials said last week that the 75-year-old media
magnate intends to stand at next year's general elections.
Three-time premier Berlusconi said he would not run again
after he resigned from the helm of government in November and
was replaced by Mario Monti and his emergency administration of
non-political technocrats.

© Riproduzione riservata

* Campi obbligatori

Immagine non superiore a 5Mb (Formati permessi: JPG, JPEG, PNG)
Video non superiore a 10Mb (Formati permessi: MP4, MOV, M4V)

X
ACCEDI

Accedi con il tuo account Facebook

Login con

Login con Facebook
  • Seguici su
X