Giovedì, 18 Ottobre 2018
ROME

Two Jihadist suspects 'preparing attack' deported from Italy

English
© ANSA

(ANSA) - Rome, September 25 - Two suspected Libyan jihad
militants who were thought to have been trying to prepare
attacks on Western targets have been deported from Italy,
authorities in Rome said Tuesday.
The unnamed men, aged 26 and 28, are believed to have
wanted to stage a revenge attack for an American-produced film
that allegedly ridicules Islam's Prophet Mohammed.
The film sparked a wave of violence in the Muslim world and
the U.S. ambassador to Libya, Christopher Stevens,
and three other State Department employees were killed in an
attack by Islamist extremists in Benghazi earlier this month.
The deported men are thought to have links to Salafi
militia operating in Libya.
They had been in Rome for a number of months for treatment
on injuries sustained in the civil war that led to the end of
Muammar Gaddafi's regime last year and they were staying at
hotels in the capital.
Investigators said that "they had started activities of
proselytism and propaganda for the jihad in the Libyan community
to obtain material to carry out attacks against Western
interests".
The investigators said the pair came under suspicion
because of the "radical nature of their behaviour", above all
with fellow Libyans.

© Riproduzione riservata

* Campi obbligatori

Immagine non superiore a 5Mb (Formati permessi: JPG, JPEG, PNG)
Video non superiore a 10Mb (Formati permessi: MP4, MOV, M4V)

X
ACCEDI

Accedi con il tuo account Facebook

Login con

Login con Facebook
  • Seguici su
X