Giovedì, 18 Ottobre 2018

2-year-old undergoes liver transplant for mushroom poisoning


(ANSA) - Rome, October 12 - A two-year-old girl who was
admitted to a Bergamo hospital after eating poisonous mushrooms
is in "stable condition" after undergoing an emergency liver
transplant Thursday, doctors said.
Doctors say that the entire family suffered intoxication
from mushrooms they had gathered in the wild and cooked into a
sauce, but only the girl needed surgery to fully recover due to
her age.
The prognosis for a 30-year-old man who underwent a liver
transplant on Monday in Rome's Gemelli Hospital after eating
poisonous mushrooms is "positive," doctors said on Friday.

photo: Poisonous mushroom 'Lepiota helveol'

© Riproduzione riservata

* Campi obbligatori

Immagine non superiore a 5Mb (Formati permessi: JPG, JPEG, PNG)
Video non superiore a 10Mb (Formati permessi: MP4, MOV, M4V)


Accedi con il tuo account Facebook

Login con

Login con Facebook
  • Seguici su