Lunedì, 22 Ottobre 2018
MILAN

No ransom paid for Berlusconi's accountant held captive

English
© ANSA

Milan, January 30 - Milan's chief prosecutor said
on Wednesday that no evidence of a ransom payment emerged from
an investigation into the hostage taking of Silvio Berlusconi's
trusted accountant, Giuseppe Spinelli, last October.
"There is no evidence of a ransom payment," prosecutor
Edmondo Bruti Liberati said, confirming statements from Silvio
Berlusconi's lawyer, Niccolo' Ghedini, last November.
Spinelli, 71, and his wife Anna, were held captive in their
home by a gang of criminals for eleven hours during the night
between October 15 and 16, and forced to call Berlusconi to try
and obtain 35 million euros for the gang.
Prosecutors have questioned the Spinelli couple, but not
Silvio Berlusconi.
The prosecutor's office has requested immediate judgment
for defendant Francesco Leone and three alleged accomplices, all
of whom are Albanian.
Two additional Italians were also arrested in the case last
fall, and police also announced at the time that additional
suspects were under investigation, without specifying who or how
many.
The abduction was not reported to police until the day
after the couple's release, prompting a wave of speculation in
the Italian media that a ransom had been paid.
Ghedini denied the charge, saying fear of retaliation was
the motivation for the delay.
Spinelli is considered "treasurer" for Berlusconi, who is
now on trial in Milan for allegedly paying for sex with an
under-age prostitute at his so-called "bunga-bunga" sex parties
at his home.
Spinelli's job, according to investigators in the
"bunga-bunga" trial, was to give cash gifts to young women who
took part in the parties.

Photo: Giuseppe Spinelli

© Riproduzione riservata

* Campi obbligatori

Immagine non superiore a 5Mb (Formati permessi: JPG, JPEG, PNG)
Video non superiore a 10Mb (Formati permessi: MP4, MOV, M4V)

X
ACCEDI

Accedi con il tuo account Facebook

Login con

Login con Facebook
  • Seguici su
X