Martedì, 16 Ottobre 2018
ROME

Three attacks on Rome ambulance drivers in two weeks

English
© ANSA

Rome, June 19 - Ambulance drivers called to the
San Basilio neighborhood of Rome were attacked on two different
occasions Tuesday, making it the third aggression against
emergency workers in the last two weeks, police said Wednesday.
Tuesday evening a crowd swarmed the driver and medical
team as they loaded a 60-year-old man who had suffered a heart
attack into the rescue vehicle.
The man died shortly after arriving to the hospital.
Earlier in the day, an ambulance and its driver were
pummeled with stones as a group of onlookers shouted insults.
On June 12, ambulance drivers were attacked by an angry
mob in San Basilio when they arrived on the scene of a
shooting-stabbing incident in which one man was killed and the
other injured.
One driver suffered a fracture to his shoulder.
However, the rescue team managed to load both the
18-year-old, who was dead on arrival, and the injured
25-year-old, and transport them to a hospital.
In April, an ambulance arriving to provide medical
assistance during clashes between rival fans before the AS Roma
and Lazio derby was attacked, but there were no serious
injuries.
Incidents of violence directed against rescue workers
happening more frequently, Natale Di Cola from the CGIL labor
union said.
Attacks happen "every day. The situation is no longer
sustainable and there is no reason for it," Di Cola said.
"Despite these violent acts, the teams manage to carry out
their jobs professionally and with courage.
"Words of support are not enough, unfortunately. Concrete
action is needed to guarantee public service and defend
everyone's right to assistance," Di Cola said.

© Riproduzione riservata

* Campi obbligatori

Immagine non superiore a 5Mb (Formati permessi: JPG, JPEG, PNG)
Video non superiore a 10Mb (Formati permessi: MP4, MOV, M4V)

X
ACCEDI

Accedi con il tuo account Facebook

Login con

Login con Facebook
  • Seguici su
X