Lunedì, 24 Settembre 2018
AVELLINO

List of suspects drafted in fatal bus crash

English
© ANSA

(see related)
Avellino, July 29 – Prosecutors said Monday they
were already drafting a list of possible suspects and may
investigate the corporation that manages the highway where a bus
crash killed 38 people.
"There are suspects," said Rosario Cantelmo, prosecutor for
Avellino near where the deadly crash occurred Sunday, adding
that the condition of the bus was also being closely probed.
Investigators are carefully examining why a concrete
barrier failed to hold the bus on the road but instead allowed
it to crash with deadly results.
Charges of multiple manslaughter are a possibility,
prosecutors said.
An autopsy has already been ordered on the driver of the
bus although police said they suspect a mechanical failure was
the cause of the crash that also injured 19.
The bus slammed into a guard rail before flying off a high
viaduct when the protective barrier gave way, police said.
Before crashing into the railing, the bus struck six cars
travelling on the highway.
The bus had been carrying a group of friends returning from
a weekend excursion to the local Telese thermal baths and the
popular pilgrimage destination of Pietralcina.

© Riproduzione riservata

* Campi obbligatori

Immagine non superiore a 5Mb (Formati permessi: JPG, JPEG, PNG)
Video non superiore a 10Mb (Formati permessi: MP4, MOV, M4V)

X
ACCEDI

Accedi con il tuo account Facebook

Login con

Login con Facebook
  • Seguici su
X