Giovedì, 18 Ottobre 2018
ROME

Soccer: Milan's Constant was not racially abused, say police

English
© ANSA

Rome, August 1 - AC Milan midfielder Kevin Constant
was not the victim of racist abuse in a friendly match in Reggio
Emilia last month, when he walked off the field because of flak
from fans, according to a police report released on Thursday.
Guinean Constant, who is black, stormed off in rage after
kicking the ball into the stands during a 45-minute match
against promoted Sassuolo as part of the three-way friendly
tournament that also featured Serie A champions Juventus.
The incident appeared similar to the walk-off Milan's
Ghanian midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng led at a friendly match
at a fourth-tier side in January, hitting headlines worldwide.
The police report said individual fans directed "sporadic
offensive phases" at the player, including a call for him to
have plastic surgery on his nose, but there was no evidence
these were on a racist nature.
It said Constant was booed by the crowd, but so were
several other white Milan players.
After the match Milan said it would not accept racist abuse
against its players, but also said Constant should not have left
the field.
A substitute took Constant's place against Sassuolo and an
announcement was made warning play would be stopped if the abuse
continued.
Boateng also kicked the ball into the crowd during January's
match at fourth-tier Pro Patria, but on that occasion the whole
Milan team walked off with him and the match was abandoned.
The Italian Soccer Federation has opened a probe into the
Reggio Emilia incident.

© Riproduzione riservata

* Campi obbligatori

Immagine non superiore a 5Mb (Formati permessi: JPG, JPEG, PNG)
Video non superiore a 10Mb (Formati permessi: MP4, MOV, M4V)

X
ACCEDI

Accedi con il tuo account Facebook

Login con

Login con Facebook
  • Seguici su
X