Giovedì, 13 Maggio 2021
stampa
Dimensione testo

English

Home English Rome Opera house rejects request to re-consider mass firings

Rome Opera house rejects request to re-consider mass firings

English
© ANSA

(ANSA) Rome, October 21 - The first night of the opera
Rigoletto was due to go ahead at the Rome Opera Theatre Tuesday
but performers planned to read a message to the audience
protesting the mass sacking of 182 orchestra and choir members,
trade union officials said.
Earlier the troubled opera house's personnel manager,
Stefano Bottaro, met with union leaders and rejected a request
to rescind the sackings in return for a discussion over
productivity levels and costs.
The artistes said they were disappointed with the decision
but that they would perform the first night show.
One union representative, a choir member, Pasquale
Fallaci,said he had been sacked for speaking to the press about
the dispute but the Opera management rejected the charge,
claiing the singer was fired for fraudulently stamping his
wife's employment card.

© Riproduzione riservata

* Campi obbligatori

Immagine non superiore a 5Mb (Formati permessi: JPG, JPEG, PNG)
Video non superiore a 10Mb (Formati permessi: MP4, MOV, M4V)

X
ACCEDI

Accedi con il tuo account Facebook

Login con

Login con Facebook