Domenica, 23 Settembre 2018
ROME

League to appeal fund ruling this week

English
© ANSA

Rome, September 10 - The League said Monday that it
will file an appeal within days against last week's ruling by a
Genoa court giving the all clear from prosecutors to seize the
funds of the rightwing party in relation to a fraud case.
"By the end of the week we'll present an appeal," Giovanni
Ponti Conti, one of the party's lawyers, told reporters in
Milan.
The seizure relates to convictions handed down to former
League leader Umberto Bossi, former treasurer Francesco Belsito
and three ex auditors.
They were found guilty of fraud against the State estimated
at 49 million euros between 2008 and 2010 for irregularities in
electoral spending reimbursements.
The ruling sparked an angry reaction from the party's leader,
Interior Minister and Deputy Premier Matteo Salvini, who in one
interview said the group was the victim of political justice
like in Turkey.
The fraud dates back to before took over the helm of the
party.

© Riproduzione riservata

* Campi obbligatori

Immagine non superiore a 5Mb (Formati permessi: JPG, JPEG, PNG)
Video non superiore a 10Mb (Formati permessi: MP4, MOV, M4V)

X
ACCEDI

Accedi con il tuo account Facebook

Login con

Login con Facebook
  • Seguici su
X